Monday 18 February 2013

Ogbono - Mango seed soup - make it draw

I can't really recall this famous Ogbono soup from Nigeria. The first time I did try it, it was in the UK. And when I had it, it had a soapy kinda taste so I was put off entirely. However, I had an aunty who loved it very much and every time she had it, she would say 'this is the best soup ever, try it and your life will never be the same'. LOL.

So how did I get over my repulsion for the soup? This is how... On one fateful day, my friend Yemisi, made it and she made it with a lot of pepper which sort of gave the soup a different kind of kick. This is how I got drawn to try the soup again and this time, I liked it.

Though the soup, is not my favourite, it's still nice. Enjoyyy. :)




P/S:
My readers have grilled me so much about how to make ogbono draw, and here is how;
First, have your boiled hot water ready. Then place your ogbono powder in a bowl and gradually add small quantities of the boiled water. Mix until smooth then pour inside the boiling meat on fire.







No comments:

Post a Comment